Friday 24 June 2016

Nolito: I'm not yet a city player.


Nolito has admitted he has yet to speak to Pep Guardiola about his proposed move to Manchester City but the Spain forward hinted that the £13.8m transfer to the Premier League is imminent.

As revealed by the Guardian earlier this week, City are confident of completing a deal for the 29-year-old, whose real name is Manuel Agudo DurĂ¡n, after agreeing to pay his release clause of €18m to Celta Vigo. Barcelona had also registered an interest in signing the player, who began his career at Camp Nou before moving to Benfica and then Granada.
However, speaking ahead of Spain’s last-16 tie against Italy at Euro 2016, Nolito refused to confirm that he has decided to link up with former coach Guardiola.


“We’ll see what happens with my future, but I’m not complaining about how things are going on the pitch for me,” he tod Spanish radio station COPE.

“For now, I’ve not signed for City, I don’t lie - we’ll see.”

When asked if he had spoken to Guardiola, Nolito added: “No. In life you have to be brave and make decisions and I dedicate myself to playing football, which is my passion.”

No comments: