Monday 15 August 2016

Crystal Palace in search of Young.


Crystal Palace are eyeing Manchester United man Ashley Young as a possible replacement for Yannick Bolasie, who has completed a move to Everton.

The Daily Mirror state that the Eagles have an interest in the Red Devils’ wideman, who is likely to see his opportunities limited under Jose Mourinho.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Juan Mata, Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard and Memphis Depay all appear to be ahead of Young in the pecking order at Old Trafford.

According to a report in the Daily Express, Manchester United have rejected Palace’s first attempt to sign the 31-year-old on loan, as they only want to sell the player permanently.

Young admitted in March that he was looking forward to getting some minutes in the United team, and expressed his versatility.

“I’m feeling good,” he insists. “I was out for nine weeks, it was disappointing as I felt I was doing really well at the time and enjoying my football, and obviously it’s one of those things.

“It’s how you bounce back from it and now I’m back and I’m fully fit, there are a few games left and a big one at the end of the season in the FA Cup final, so I definitely need to get myself back into the squad and get some game-time under my belt.

“If the manager wants me to play as a winger, a full-back or as a striker, I go out and do the best I can, I know I can play in these positions, I’ve done it throughout my career, and I’ll definitely be ready to go out there on Sunday if the manager calls on me.”

The Croydon Advertiser claim that Palace are also keeping tabs on Nottingham Forest’s Oliver Burke, who would cost them around £8million.

The 19-year-old Scottish international scored for Forest in their 4-3 win over Burton Albion on the opening day of the Championship season.

No comments: